10 Things to Know for Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today...
1. WHAT'S NEXT IN THE SENATE INVESTIGATION OF THE CIA Varying interpretations of the facts are emerging, while some lawmakers are choosing sides and the White House seeks a middle ground. CIA INVESTIGATIONS
2. OBAMA HOSTING NEW UKRAINIAN PRIME MINISTER Besides all the symbolism of the visit, he'll be seeking financial assistance from Washington. UNITED STATES-UKRAINE
3. MISSING PLANE MYSTERY EVEN MORE CLOUDED Now officials in Malaysia say they don't even know which direction the aircraft was headed when it disappeared, let alone what happened to it. MALAYSIA-PLANE
4. GOP PREVAILS IN TEST OF HEATH CARE MEASURE Republican David Jolly, who campaigned on a pledge to repeal the law, wins a hard-fought congressional race in Florida. FLORIDA SPECIAL ELECTION
5. WHY A TOILET DOOR IS BEING SET UP IN COURT The bullet-marked door through which Oscar Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend suggests prosecutors will attempt to recreate the shooting. PISTORIUS-TRIAL
6. ANOTHER WEEK, ANOTHER WINTER WEATHER BLAST After a brief break, below-normal temperatures and lots of snow are about to menace the Midwest and Eastern Seaboard. Again. WINTER WEATHER
7. PRIEST SEX ABUSE CLAIMS ROCKING PUERTO RICO The island, which is more than 70 percent Catholic, until recently had largely been spared allegations involving clerics. PUERTO RICO-CHURCH ABUSE
8. HOW OBAMA'S MAKING HIS PITCH TO YOUNG PEOPLE In an appearance on the comic website Funny or Die, he urged signups to his health care program — and got more than 8 million views by last night. OBAMA'S WEB MOVE
10. WHY A YOUNG WRESTLER IS GETTING ACCLAIM AFTER LOSING High school sophomore Malik Stewart hugged his winning opponent's dad — who is dying of cancer — and told him to stay strong. Stewart lost his own father when he was 7. CLASSY LOSER-HUG
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.