Day Sponsorship Policies
We appreciate your support of WFDD; below are guidelines for constructing your Day Sponsor message.
- Please indicate a first and second choice date. We average 1,000 Day Sponsors in a calendar year, and on-air time limitations do not allow us to announce more than four (4) Day Sponsorships per day. In some instances, we may have to use the second choice date; we will notify you if this is the case. You will receive an email confirmation of your date and message about ten days prior to your selected date.
- Day Sponsorship requests must be received by 88.5 WFDD at least two weeks in advance of air date.
- In 10 words or less, indicate the person or event being honored and a brief statement of the reason. 88.5 WFDD reserves the right to alter wording for consistency and length. Note that the purpose of the sponsorship is to acknowledge special events or people, not business advertising or the expression of ideological, theological or political opinions. Web addresses, e-mail addresses, and/or telephone numbers cannot be included in Day Sponsorship messages.
- Please help us with any unusual pronunciations by providing us with a rhyming word (i.e. "Nina" rhymes with "China").
- No anonymous Day Sponsorships are accepted. We must broadcast the name of the person(s), and their city, associated with the Day Sponsorship.
- Messages cannot contain Calls to Action. They may not invite or request listeners to take any action (such as attending an event or visiting a website).
- Your pledge must be paid in full and we must have your announcement script on file before we can process your Day Sponsorship.
- Your announcement will be read five times on your sponsored day, at or within 30 minutes following scheduled announcement times:
7:59 a.m., 8:59 a.m., 11:59 a.m., 3:59 p.m., and 5:59 p.m.
Day Sponsor selections do not automatically renew on an annual basis! You must get in touch every year if you wish to maintain a specific date for Day Sponsorship.
88.5 WFDD Official Giveaway Rules
During the 2017 Spring Fund Drive, 88.5 WFDD will conduct three (3) drawings, on the following schedule:
- High Country Adventure Package; Drawing at 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 22nd; Giveaway package includes: A 2-night stay at Chetola Resort At Blowing Rock*; 2 seasons passes to the Blue Ridge Music Center Summer Concert Series; 2 tickets to YESTIVAL: YES, Todd Rundgren & Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy on Saturday, August 5th, at the Appalachian State University Holmes Center; Prize valued at $985
- Triad Excursions Package; Drawing at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26th; Giveaway package includes: A 1-night stay at Proximity Hotel** and $50 in dining vouchers to Print Works Bistro***; 2 tickets to 2 events of the recipient's choice in the Guilford College Bryan Series 2017-2018 season; 2 tickets to the May 20th Crossroads concert at SECCA; 2 tickets for the Balsam Range concert on June 1st at the Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden; Prize valued at $630
- Washington, D.C. News Expedition; Drawing at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 28th; Giveaway package includes: A personalized tour of NPR headquarters; A 2-night stay at the Club Quarters Hotel in Washington, D.C. and round-trip airfare for two people (courtesy of Aladdin Travel)****; 2 tickets to the Newseum; a $100 Visa Gift Card for dining out; Prize valued at $1,050
*Note: Chetola gift certificate is valid for one year with exclusion dates. Advanced reservations required.
**Note: Complimentary weekend night at Proximity Hotel. Redeemable Friday or Saturday or Sunday nights only, incidentals excluded. Advanced reservations required--some blackout periods may apply to certificate redemption.
***Note: 2 $25 gift certificates valid at Lucky 32, Green Valley Grill, and Print Works Bistro restaurants.
****Note: Prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. Travel must be booked with Aladdin Travel. Additional terms, conditions, or fees may apply. Airlines tickets cannot exceed $1000 in value and departure gateway must be Greensboro, Raleigh, or Charlotte. Tours of NPR Studios are arranged by WFDD Radio. Travel should be booked 90 days prior to travel to ensure best availability. Award cannot be combined with other award programs such as frequent flyer programs or credit card award programs. Redemption is subject to availability by the travel suppliers. Award is valid for 1 year and expires April 30, 2018.
Winners in each drawing will be chosen at random and will be notified by phone and/or by email following the drawing. Winners’ names may also be announced on the air, on the 88.5 WFDD website, and on social media. Current Sustainers and donors who have made a gift since April 1, 2017, are already eligible and automatically entered into all of the above-listed giveaways.
88.5 WFDD's drawings are open to all listeners 18 years of age or older. Membership or other fiscal donation to 88.5 WFDD is not required. One entry per person, per drawing. Listeners are eligible to win tickets or other prizes once per six (6) month period. Current Sustainers of 88.5 WFDD are automatically included in all drawings. Employees of 88.5 WFDD, members of their immediate family and persons living in the same household are not eligible to win. Drawings are restricted to persons living in the United States. If winner(s) cannot be contacted in person by phone or email within 48 hours of the drawing, alternate winner(s) will be chosen at random.
Participants agree to the Official Rules and that 88.5 WFDD and Wake Forest University have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damage of any kind resulting from their use of the prize or participation in the drawing.
Taxes and other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
All entries become the property of 88.5 WFDD. Entrants agree that their names may be used by the station for promotional purposes or in association with their entry.
To enter without making a pledge send your name, address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
88.5 WFDD is a non-profit radio station committed to integrity and to upholding the trust placed on us by our contributors.
88.5 WFDD has never, and will never sell, rent or share the names or personal information of our contributors to any outside organization. This includes political, commercial and other non-profit groups.
88.5 WFDD is licensed to Wake Forest University and therefore, contributors may on occasion receive publications from the University.
Contributors can request that they not receive any correspondence from Wake Forest University by calling (336) 758-8850.
88.5 WFDD respects and appreciates the support we receive from listeners and we will safeguard this relationship by maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
In the event a donation refund is necessary, WFDD will issue a refund within 15 days of your donation, depending on the circumstances. To request a refund, please call 336-758-8857. Refunds for donations using the online process are returned using the original method of payment; therefore, your refund will be credited to that same credit card. Refunds for gifts made by check may take an additional two weeks to be refunded. Refund checks will come from Wake Forest University.