Day Sponsorship Policies
We appreciate your support of WFDD; below are guidelines for constructing your Day Sponsor message.
- Please indicate a first and second choice date. We average 1,000 Day Sponsors in a calendar year, and on-air time limitations do not allow us to announce more than four (4) Day Sponsorships per day. In some instances, we may have to use the second choice date; we will notify you if this is the case. You will receive an email confirmation of your date and message about ten days prior to your selected date.
- Day Sponsorship requests must be received by 88.5 WFDD at least two weeks in advance of air date.
- In 10 words or less, indicate the person or event being honored and a brief statement of the reason. 88.5 WFDD reserves the right to alter wording for consistency and length. Note that the purpose of the sponsorship is to acknowledge special events or people, not business advertising or the expression of ideological, theological or political opinions. Web addresses, e-mail addresses, and/or telephone numbers cannot be included in Day Sponsorship messages.
- Please help us with any unusual pronunciations by providing us with a rhyming word (i.e. "Nina" rhymes with "China").
- No anonymous Day Sponsorships are accepted. We must broadcast the name of the person(s), and their city, associated with the Day Sponsorship.
- Messages cannot contain Calls to Action. They may not invite or request listeners to take any action (such as attending an event or visiting a website).
- Your pledge must be paid in full and we must have your announcement script on file before we can process your Day Sponsorship.
- Your announcement will be read five times on your sponsored day, at or within 30 minutes following scheduled announcement times:
7:59 a.m., 8:59 a.m., 11:59 a.m., 3:59 p.m., and 5:59 p.m.
Day Sponsor selections do not automatically renew on an annual basis! You must get in touch every year if you wish to maintain a specific date for Day Sponsorship.
88.5 WFDD is a non-profit radio station committed to integrity and to upholding the trust placed on us by our contributors.
88.5 WFDD has never, and will never sell, rent or share the names or personal information of our contributors to any outside organization. This includes political, commercial and other non-profit groups.
88.5 WFDD is licensed to Wake Forest University and therefore, contributors may on occasion receive publications from the University.
Contributors can request that they not receive any correspondence from Wake Forest University by calling (336) 758-8850.
88.5 WFDD respects and appreciates the support we receive from listeners and we will safeguard this relationship by maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
In the event a donation refund is necessary, WFDD will issue a refund within 15 days of your donation, depending on the circumstances. To request a refund, please call 336-758-8857. Refunds for donations using the online process are returned using the original method of payment; therefore, your refund will be credited to that same credit card. Refunds for gifts made by check may take an additional two weeks to be refunded. Refund checks will come from Wake Forest University.