88.5 WFDD Official Giveaway Rules
During the 2019 Fall Fund Drive, 88.5 WFDD will conduct the following drawings, on the following schedule:
- One (1) Grand Prize consisting of an iPad Pro with a 12.9 inch screen, 264GB of memory and an iPencil. Value: $729.00
- Thursday, September 19: Two (2) pairs of tickets to see David Sedaris, October 17. Value: $148.00/pair
- Friday, September 20; Five (5) pairs of tickets to see Doris Kearns-Goodwin, November 12. Value: $120.00/pair
- Saturday, September 21: Two (2) pairs of tickets to see David Sedaris, October 17. Value: $148.00/pair
- Monday, September 23: One (1) pair of tickets to see Avett Brothers December 31. Value: $149.00/pair
- Tuesday, September 24: Two (2) pairs of tickets to see Paula Poundstone, November 2. Value: $109.00/pair
- Wednesay, September 25: One (1) pair of tickets to see Avett Brothers December 31. Value: $149.00/pair
- Thursday, September 26: Five (5) pairs of tickets to see Sally Fields, March 24. Value: $198.00/pair
- Friday, September 27: Four (4) pairs of tickets to see David Sedaris, October 17. Value: $148.00/pair
Winners will be chosen at random and will be notified by phone and/or by email following the drawing on Thursday, October 3. The winners' names may also be announced on the air, on the 88.5 WFDD website, and on social media. Current Sustainers and donors who make a gift in any amount between Monday, September 16, and 7:00pm on Friday, September 27, 2019, are eligible and automatically entered into the above-listed giveaways, as specified.
88.5 WFDD's drawings are open to all listeners 18 years of age or older. Membership or other fiscal donation to 88.5 WFDD is not required. One entry per person, per drawing. Listeners are eligible to win tickets or other prizes once per six (6) month period. Current Sustainers of 88.5 WFDD are automatically included in all drawings. Employees of 88.5 WFDD, members of their immediate family and persons living in the same household are not eligible to win. Drawings are restricted to persons living in the United States. If winner cannot be contacted in person by phone or email within 48 hours of the drawing, alternate winner(s) will be chosen at random.
Participants agree to the Official Rules and that 88.5 WFDD and Wake Forest University have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damage of any kind resulting from their use of the prize or participation in the drawing.
Taxes and other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
All entries become the property of 88.5 WFDD. Entrants agree that their names may be used by the station for promotional purposes or in association with their entry.
To enter without making a donation send your name, address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day Sponsorship Policies
We appreciate your support of WFDD; below are guidelines for constructing your Day Sponsor message.
- Please indicate a first and second choice date. We average 1,000 Day Sponsors in a calendar year, and on-air time limitations do not allow us to announce more than four (4) Day Sponsorships per day. In some instances, we may have to use the second choice date; we will notify you if this is the case. You will receive an email confirmation of your date and message about ten days prior to your selected date.
- Day Sponsorship requests must be received by 88.5 WFDD at least two weeks in advance of air date.
- In 10 words or less, indicate the person or event being honored and a brief statement of the reason. 88.5 WFDD reserves the right to alter wording for consistency and length. Note that the purpose of the sponsorship is to acknowledge special events or people, not business advertising or the expression of ideological, theological or political opinions. Web addresses, e-mail addresses, and/or telephone numbers cannot be included in Day Sponsorship messages.
- Please help us with any unusual pronunciations by providing us with a rhyming word (i.e. "Nina" rhymes with "China").
- No anonymous Day Sponsorships are accepted. We must broadcast the name of the person(s), and their city, associated with the Day Sponsorship.
- Messages cannot contain Calls to Action. They may not invite or request listeners to take any action (such as attending an event or visiting a website).
- Your pledge must be paid in full and we must have your announcement script on file before we can process your Day Sponsorship.
- Your announcement will be read five times on your sponsored day, at or within 30 minutes following scheduled announcement times:
7:59 a.m., 8:59 a.m., 11:59 a.m., 3:59 p.m., and 5:59 p.m.
Day Sponsor selections do not automatically renew on an annual basis! You must get in touch every year if you wish to maintain a specific date for Day Sponsorship.
88.5 WFDD is a non-profit radio station committed to integrity and to upholding the trust placed on us by our contributors.
88.5 WFDD has never, and will never sell, rent or share the names or personal information of our contributors to any outside organization. This includes political, commercial and other non-profit groups.
88.5 WFDD is licensed to Wake Forest University and therefore, contributors may on occasion receive publications from the University.
Contributors can request that they not receive any correspondence from Wake Forest University by calling (336) 758-8850.
88.5 WFDD respects and appreciates the support we receive from listeners and we will safeguard this relationship by maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
In the event a donation refund is necessary, WFDD will issue a refund within 15 days of your donation, depending on the circumstances. To request a refund, please call 336-758-8857. Refunds for donations using the online process are returned using the original method of payment; therefore, your refund will be credited to that same credit card. Refunds for gifts made by check may take an additional two weeks to be refunded. Refund checks will come from Wake Forest University.
Social Media Policies
In addition to our broadcast signal and website, WFDD maintains a presence on various social media sites, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. One of the reasons listeners turn to public radio is for its unflinching coverage of difficult topics handled without sensationalism, but with grace, sincerity, and thoughtfulness. Listeners come to public radio for civil discourse, even about controversial topics. As you expect this from your public radio station, we also expect it from listeners participating in discussions on our social media pages. Please review these community guidelines for engaging with our content on social media.
WFDD is responsible for the content posted on its social media pages; therefore, we don’t allow community posts on our Facebook or Instagram pages. WFDD shares news, information, and entertainment content produced at WFDD’s studios and by our partners at NPR, the BBC, and more on social media. We encourage community members and listeners to engage with our content through comments, reacting to and sharing posts, and by leaving a recommendation.
We understand that some topics require blunt talk, but please try to disagree without being disagreeable. We will not allow personal attacks, name-calling, libel, defamation, or hate speech, nor any comments that could be construed as threatening, harassing, bullying, obscene, pornographic, or racist. WFDD is committed to enforcing a no-trolling policy. A pattern of posting argumentative, inflammatory, and baiting comments that demonstrate an intent to sow discord and provoke other commenters will result in the removal of comments and, in most instances, being blocked and banned from WFDD’s social media community.
When it comes to obscenities, even if the word in question is often used in conversation, please refrain from that sort of language. This includes abbreviations, emojis, character/letter replacements, intentional misspellings, and any and all word modifications that try to circumvent this guideline. It also includes memes. We want to create a community where everyone feels comfortable participating. While WFDD is not responsible for the content or opinions posted by listeners or community members, we do reserve the right to remove or delete any comments that are determined to be in violation of these community guidelines. WFDD has the right to block or ban any profiles or persons who have violated these community guidelines. WFDD has an obligation to share with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wake Forest University authorities, or any law enforcement authority any statements that are directly or indirectly threatening.
Thanks for reading, and for adhering to, these guidelines!