It's time for Radio Camp!
Come to the studios of 88.5 WFDD for a week-long immersive radio experience. During this week, middle-school students interested in technology, journalism, storytelling, and the world of radio get to produce and take home their own radio story.
At Radio Camp, students learn:
- The basics of audio recording in the studio and in the field
- How to conduct an interview
- How to edit sound using the same software as radio professionals
- Other skills, such as how to write, record, edit, and create their own stories for broadcast.
Still on the fence? Well, some past campers have a message for you:
So many new things this year:
- Session 1 (Winston-Salem): 06/17/19 to 06/21/19 (The best way to start the summer) (FULL - Waitlist open)
- Session 2 (Greensboro): 06/24/19 to 06/28/19 (FULL - Waitlist open)
- Session 3 (Boone): 07/15/19 to 07/19/19 - NEW THIS YEAR
- Session 4 (Winston-Salem): 07/22/19 to 07/26/19 (FULL - Waitlist open)
- Advanced Radio Camp (Winston-Salem): 07/29/19 to 08/02/19
- This camp is just for students who have already done Radio Camp in the past
Camp runs from 9am until 2pm so don't forget to pack a lunch!! Drop-off begins at 8:30am.
Radio Camp Winston-Salem is held at the 88.5 WFDD studios on the campus of Wake Forest University. Radio Camp Greensboro is held at the studios of WQFS on the campus of Guilford College. Camp runs Monday through Friday, from 9am to 2pm, and each session is limited to 14 campers. Radio Camp is taught by WFDD staff members assisted by college students, other public radio industry professionals, and station volunteers.
For questions, contact email@example.com or call 336-758-2462
ATTENTION: Thanks to the generosity of previous Radio Camp attendees, students seeking tuition assistance can apply to receive a fully funded scholarship. To apply for a scholarship click here.
Ready to sign up? Spots fill up fast, so don't wait!
*You can pay by credit card or check. If you pay by check, please make it payable to 88.5 WFDD and write on the memo line: Radio Camp. You will need to send the payment in 30-days before camp begins to 1834 Wake Forest Rd. #8850, Winston-Salem, NC 27109.
**We know that plans change but due to high demand we request that you cancel at least 14 days before the beginning of camp. This gives us the opportunity to fill your spot. Cancellations within 14 days of the beginning of camp are non-refundable.