UPDATE: All the spots for Radio Camp 2018 have been filled. But don’t despair! We have enabled a waitlist, and based on past years, spots do open up. Sign up for the waitlist and we’ll let you know as soon as a spot becomes available!.
Come to the studios of 88.5 WFDD for a week-long immersive radio experience. During this week, middle-school students interested in technology, journalism, storytelling, and the world of radio get to produce and take home their own radio story.
At Radio Camp, students learn:
- The basics of audio recording in the studio and in the field
- How to conduct an interview
- How to edit sound using the same software as radio professionals
- Other skills, such as how to write, record, edit, and create their own stories for broadcast.
Still on the fence? Well, some past campers have a message for you:
This year we're changing things up, so pay attention:
- Session 1 (Winston-Salem): 06/18/18 to 06/22/18 (The best way to start the summer) - FULL - Waitlist open
- Session 2 (Greensboro): 06/25/18 to 06/29/18 - FULL - Waitlist open
- Session 3 (Winston-Salem): 07/23/18 to 07/30/18 (The best way to end the summer) - FULL - Waitlist open
Camp runs from 9am until 2pm so don't forget to pack a lunch!! Drop-off begins at 8:30am.
Radio Camp Winston-Salem is held at the 88.5 WFDD studios on the campus of Wake Forest University. Radio Camp Greensboro is held at the studios of WQFS on the campus of Guilford College. Camp runs Monday through Friday, from 9am to 2pm, and each session is limited to 14 campers. Radio Camp is taught by WFDD staff members assisted by college students, other public radio industry professionals, and station volunteers.
Ready to sign up? Spots fill up fast, so don't wait!
*You can pay by credit card or check. If you pay by check, you need to make it payable to 88.5 WFDD and write on the memo line: Radio Camp. You will need to send the payment in by before May 1st to 1834 Wake Forest Rd. #8850, Winston-Salem, NC 27109