Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Call Centers, Welding Jobs in High Demand
Fri November 16, 2012
Triad Arts Weekend
6 Days in November features performances and exhibits all across Winston-Salem. Among them the Winston-Salem Light project, a multimedia public art presentation that uses prominent landmarks as the canvas. The Lumanotus display begins evenings at 7:00pm through the 18th in Winston Square downtown. University of NC School of the Arts Director of the Lighting Program Norman Coates stopped by for a preview of this year’s light show.
15 years after its inception, Smitty’s Notes eNewsletter is just as vital as ever, and it’s now on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. The man behind Smitty’s Notes is Jeffrey Smith. Smitty is a lifelong resident of Winston-Salem. As one of the first residents in the new downtown area of Triad Research Park, the self-described Urban Pioneer dropped by recently to reflect on 15 years of Smitty’s Notes and community building.
No Rules Theatre Company, the innovative award-winning dual city theatre company returns for its third big season at the beautiful Hanesbrands Theatre in downtown W-S with The Fantasticks through December 2. Producing Artistic Director of No Rules Theatre Company Brian Sutow tells David Ford about the season.