Day Sponsorship Policies
We appreciate your support of WFDD; below are guidelines for constructing your Day Sponsor message.
- Please indicate a first and second choice date. We average 1,000 Day Sponsors in a calendar year, and on-air time limitations do not allow us to announce more than four (4) Day Sponsorships per day. In some instances we may have to use the second choice date; we will notify you if this is the case. You will receive an email confirmation of your date and message two weeks prior to your selected date.
- Day Sponsorship requests must be received by 88.5 WFDD at least two weeks in advance of air date.
- In 10 words or less, indicate the person or event being honored and a brief statement of the reason. 88.5 WFDD reserves the right to alter wording for consistency and length. Note that the purpose of the sponsorship is to acknowledge special events or people, not business advertising or the expression of ideological, theological or political opinions. Web addresses, e-mail addresses, and/or telephone numbers cannot be included in Day Sponsorship messages.
- Please help us with any unusual pronunciations by providing us with a rhyming word (i.e. "Nina" rhymes with "China").
- No anonymous Day Sponsorships are accepted. We must broadcast the name of the person(s) associated with the Day Sponsorship.
- We prefer to use first names and last names (i.e. Bob and Jane Smith rather than Mr. and Mrs. Smith). If only one person is to be named, please make that clear.
- Your pledge must be paid in full and we must have your announcement script on file before we can process your Day Sponsorship.
- Your announcement will be read five times on your sponsored day, at or within 30 minutes following scheduled announcement times:
7:59 a.m., 8:59 a.m., 11:59 a.m., 3:59 p.m., and 5:59 p.m.
88.5 WFDD Official Giveaway Rules
During the 2016 Spring Pledge Drive, 88.5 WFDD will conduct four (4) drawings, on the following schedule:*
- Apple iPad mini 4 drawing at 6:30 PM on Thursday, April 7th
- Apple iPad mini 4 drawing at 6:30 PM on Thursday, April 14th
- Apple iPad mini 4 drawing at 6:30 PM on Thursday, April 21st
- Apple iPad mini 4 drawing at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, April 26th
*Amended on Thursday, April 21st, to include the following drawing:
- A voucher for two (2) season passes to the 2016-17 Guilford College Bryan Series, to be given away on Friday, April 22nd, at 12:00 PM
*Amended on Saturday, April 23rd, to include the following drawing:
- Apple iPad mini 4 drawing at 7:00 PM on Monday, April 25th
Winners in each drawing will be chosen at random and will be notified by phone and/or by email following the drawing. Winners’ names may also be announced on the air, on the 88.5 WFDD website, and on social media. Current Sustainers and donors who have made a gift since March 1st, 2016, are already eligible and automatically entered into all of the above-listed giveaways.
88.5 WFDD's drawings are open to all listeners 18 years of age or older. Membership or other fiscal donation to 88.5 WFDD is not required. One entry per person, per drawing. Listeners are eligible to win tickets or other prizes once per six (6) month period. Current Sustainers of 88.5 WFDD are automatically included in all drawings. Employees of 88.5 WFDD, members of their immediate family and persons living in the same household are not eligible to win. Drawings are restricted to persons living in the United States. If winner(s) cannot be contacted in person by phone or email within 48 hours of the drawing, alternate winner(s) will be chosen at random.
Participants agree to the Official Rules and that 88.5 WFDD and Wake Forest University have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damage of any kind resulting from their use of the prize or participation in the drawing.
Taxes and other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
All entries become the property of 88.5 WFDD. Entrants agree that their names may be used by the station for promotional purposes or in association with their entry.
To enter without making a pledge send your name, address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
88.5 WFDD is a non-profit radio station committed to integrity and to upholding the trust placed on us by our contributors.
88.5 WFDD has never, and will never sell, rent or share the names or personal information of our contributors to any outside organization. This includes political, commercial and other non-profit groups.
88.5 WFDD is licensed to Wake Forest University and therefore, contributors may on occasion receive publications from the University.
Contributors can request that they not receive any correspondence from Wake Forest University by calling (336) 758-8850.
88.5 WFDD respects and appreciates the support we receive from listeners and we will safeguard this relationship by maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
In the event a donation refund is necessary, WFDD will issue a refund within 15 days of your donation, depending on the circumstances. To request a refund, please call 336-758-8857. Refunds for donations using the online process are returned using the original method of payment; therefore your refund will be credited to that same credit card. Refunds for gifts made by check may take an additional two weeks to be refunded. Refund checks will come from Wake Forest University.
Triad Arts Scheduling Policy
Scheduling for Triad Arts is done through our online submission form. Complete submissions will be reviewed by the Triad Arts team, and if your event/reading/concert/etc. is selected for the show, a Triad Arts staff member will be in touch to schedule an interview. For further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we are not able to respond to press releases or season calendars.
We recommend that you contact us 6 to 8 weeks prior to your event to reserve a broadcast date. This will not guarantee that there will be space available, but the month and a half lead time improves the likelihood that Triad Arts will be able to accommodate you. Some arts organizations plan their seasons many months in advance while others do not. To be fair to all groups, we cannot reserve a broadcast date further out than 8 weeks in advance of that date.
WFDD's 32-county broadcast area covers a vast wealth of artists and arts organizations, and WFDD's goal is to highlight as many of them as possible. In an effort to promote as many different Triad artists as possible, Triad Arts limits each individual artist and arts organization to four Triad Arts appearances per normal calendar year. Universities will be limited to four programs per academic calendar year per department (i.e. 4 Triad Arts shows highlighting theatre department events; 4 Triad Arts shows highlighting music department events, etc.).
To accommodate scheduling and limited staffing, WFDD occasionally airs encores of Triad Arts programs. These repeats frequently coincide with current or upcoming events, and for that reason they are scheduled on a week-to-week basis versus 6-8 weeks in advance. If you have an upcoming event, performance, milestone, exhibition, etc., and you feel that a repeat of one of your previous interviews on Triad Arts would be an appropriate way to promote it, please bring it to our attention. We will consider re-airing the interview with a new introduction and host "tag" with information about your upcoming event.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call Triad Arts host David Ford at 336.758.8853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.