It's time for Radio Camp!
Come to the studios of 88.5 WFDD for a week-long immersive radio experience. During this week, middle-school students interested in technology, journalism, storytelling, and the world of radio get to produce and take home their own radio story.
Do you know anyone who would make a good Radio Camp interviewee? We'd love to hear from you!
At Radio Camp, students learn:
- The basics of audio recording in the studio and in the field
- How to conduct an interview
- How to edit sound using the same software as radio professionals
- Other skills, such as how to write, record, edit, and create their own stories for broadcast.
Still on the fence? Well, some past campers have a message for you:
Five different sessions for you to choose from:
- Winston-Salem I: 06/22 - 06/26 - WFDD Studios
- Greensboro: 07/13 - 07/17 - Guilford College
- Boone: 07/20 - 07/24 - Appalachian State University
- Winston-Salem II: 07/27 - 07/31 - WFDD Studios
- Advanced Radio Camp: 08/03 - 08/07 - WFDD Studios (Only for students who have done a Radio Camp session in the past)
Camp runs from 9am until 2pm so don't forget to pack a lunch!! Drop-off begins at 8:30am.
Thanks to the generosity of past campers, their families, and WFDD listeners, we are able to offer two scholarships each summer. To apply for the scholarship, fill out this form.
Radio Camp Winston-Salem is held at the 88.5 WFDD studios on the campus of Wake Forest University, Radio Camp Greensboro is held at Founders Hall at Guilford College and Radio Camp Boone is held at Beasley Media Complex at App State. Every session is limited to 16 campers. Radio Camp is taught by WFDD staff members assisted by college students, other public radio industry professionals, and station volunteers.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-758-2462
Ready to sign up? Spots fill up fast, so don't wait!
*We know that plans change but due to high demand we request that you cancel at least 14 days before the beginning of camp. This gives us the opportunity to fill your spot. Cancellations within 14 days of the beginning of camp are non-refundable.