In order to be considered for an internship with 88.5 WFDD, you must complete this application and include a cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation. These documents can be attached at the end of the form.
Available tracks include:
- Fundraising: ideal for students majoring in Nonprofit Management, Communications, Business, or related fields of study. Learn the unique fundamentals of public radio fundraising and donor management.
- Operations and Production: ideal for students majoring in Audio Engineering, Broadcasting Production Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. This is a rechnical program which requires previous experience with audio production.
- Marketing and Engagement: ideal for students majoring in Communications, Marketing, English, or related fields of study. Assist in all public relations and marketing efforts, including strategic communication and listener engagement activities, advertising, graphic design, and event planning and production.
- Sales: ideal for students majoring in Business, Marketing, Communications, Broadcasting, or related fields. Learn how financial support from local businesses is cultivated, along with the nuances of selling public radio advertising.
- News: ideal for students majoring in Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting, English, Political Science, or related fields. Learn the fundamentals of news and news gathering and become familiar with the equipment and best practices necessary to gather news, conduct interviews, and write on‐air copy.