Most Active Stories
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Call Centers, Welding Jobs in High Demand
Radio Camp 2013
WFDD is thrilled to offer Radio Camp again this summer! We have three opportunities with camps offered in Forsyth, Guilford, and Davie Counties.
Please note: Radio Camp Winston-Salem (both sessions) and Radio Camp Greensboro are both full. Radio Camp Mocksville still has limited space.
Register online here or by calling 336-758-3395.
If you have registered you can pay for your registration fee here.
The required registration forms are available as PDFs at the bottom of this page (Please note: the medical form is dated '2010' but it is the current form).
Contact WFDD's Greg Keener at 336-758-3395 or by email with any questions.
Details are below.
Radio Camp Winston-Salem is now FULL. You may still register for the waiting list. July 8-12 at Wake Forest University
Radio Camp Greensboro is now Full. You may still register for the waiting list. July 22-26 at The Cultural Arts Center
Radio Camp Mocksville LIMITED SPOTS LEFT! July 29- August 2 at The Davie County YMCA
Radio Camp Winston-Salem 2 is now Full. You may still register for the waiting list. Aug 5-9 at Wake Forest University
Over the week, students learn the basics of audio recording in the studio and "in the field;" how to conduct an interview; how to edit sound on computers into a news story; and the other skills needed to write, record, edit, and create stories for radio broadcast. Each student will research, interview and edit together a 2-3 minute public radio style feature story!
- Limited to 12 students per camp
- Suitable for students ages 11-15
- Radio Campers should have a strong interest in technology, writing, research and be comfortable working in groups.
- 10am-2:30pm each day
- Campers should bring a bag lunch each day
- Cost: $175