Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Triad Pharmacist Says Generic Drugs Could Cost Less
Wed March 6, 2013
Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance Presents The Tammy Wynette Story
The Tammy Wynette Story begins at the end of the country star's life and works its way back in flashbacks from the cotton fields of Itawamba, Mississippi, to international superstar, and five husbands in between.
Country legend George Jones was the second great love of Tammy Wynette’s life and the two made a fabulous duet team. In the Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance production veteran actor Gray Smith plays Jones and Mary Lea Williams sings her way through the challenging role as first lady of country music Tammy Wynette. The Tammy Wynette Story featuring the band Hayride Suicide with Tommy Jackson runs March 15 through the 24th with evening shows at 8 and weekend matinees at 2 in the Theatre Alliance building 1047 Northwest Blvd. Gray and Mary Lea joined David Ford recently to talk about it.