Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Triad Pharmacist Says Generic Drugs Could Cost Less
Wed November 28, 2012
UNCSA School Of Dance Presents The Nutcracker
For over forty-six years The University of North Carolina School of the Arts’ acclaimed Nutcracker production has been one of the Triad’s most eagerly anticipated events of the holiday season. This year, guest artists Veronika Part (Principal, American Ballet Theatre) and Charles Askegard (Principal, New York City Ballet) will dance the roles of the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Cavalier Prince at the performances on Thursday night, December 13, at 7:30 p.m., and Friday night December 14, at 7:30 p.m. The full performance schedule for the 2012 UNCSA production of The Nutcracker is Saturday, December 8, at 2 p.m., and 7:30 p.m. through Sunday, December 16, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The UNCSA Nutcracker Orchestra will accompany all performances under the baton of Charles Barker, Principal Conductor or American Ballet Theatre. This is the first production of The Nutcracker under the leadership of UNCSA’s new Dean of the School of Dance Susan Jaffe. Susan was the principal dancer with American Ballet Theatre for 20 years. She stopped by to talk about this year’s production.