Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Concert Will Showcase Pop Music of Winston-Salem
- North Carolina Residents Reflect on the One Year Anniversary of the Passage of Amendment One
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
Tue February 26, 2013
Arts Based School Presents Romeo and Juliet on the Border
You’ve probably heard of Romeo & Juliet, but what about Romeo & Juliet on the Border?
This “Living Textbook” production was created by Arts Based School Arts Director Mary Siebert to blend a slew of core curriculum requirements from a variety of disciplines into one fantastic production. The Arts Based School in Winston-Salem is a public charter school in its 11th year of operation and currently expanding to become K-8 this fall. That production is Romeo & Juliet on the Border, and it’s great fun for ABES students and audiences. The one-hour production runs this Wednesday and Thursday night at 7:00pm in The Arts Council Theatre in Winston-Salem.Tickets are $5. Mary stopped by with student actors Gary Whitt, who plays Romeo, Sophie Garau who plays Juliet, sopranos Ruth Kelly, Emily Brooks, boy soprano Ben LeFevre and violinist Vivian Mayers for an in-studio performance and interview.