Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
Thu November 22, 2012
The Art of the Poem with Terri Kirby Erickson
"More than a poet, Terri Kirby Erickson is the best friend you always wanted, the kind you can count on both to tell you the truth, and to help you bear it."
So wrote syndicated columnist and author of Birdbaths and Paper Cranes, Sharon Randall. She was referring to Terri’s most recent book of poetry, In the Palms of Angels published by Press 53. The collection has received both the Next Generation Book Awards Gold Medal, and the Nautilus Book Awards Silver Medal. Terri calls Winston-Salem home.
She shared her personal approach to the art of poetry with David Ford.