Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Triad Pharmacist Says Generic Drugs Could Cost Less
Kevin Whitehead is the jazz critic on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
Widely written on American and improvised musics, Whitehead's articles have appeared in publications such as the Chicago Sun-Times, Village Voice, and Down Beat. He is the author of Why Jazz: A Concise Guide (2010) and New Dutch Swing (1998), and the jazz columnist for eMusic.com. His essays have appeared in numerous anthologies including Da Capo Best Music Writing 2006, Jazz: The First Century and The Cartoon Music Book.
Whitehead taught at the University of Kansas and Goucher College. He lives outside of Austin, Texas.