Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Concert Will Showcase Pop Music of Winston-Salem
Allen Shaw is recognized for his role in developing the first album-oriented rock music format for FM radio in the early 1970s as President of the ABC-owned FM Radio Stations in New York. He served as Executive VP/Radio Division of Summit Communications in Winston-Salem in the early 1980s and Executive Vice President and COO of the Beasley Broadcast Group in the late '80s. He built and sold two radio station groups with stations in San Francisco, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, and New Orleans in the 1990s. Allen is currently the owner and CEO of Centennial Broadcasting, LLC, as well as Vice Chairman of the Board of the Beasley Broadcast Group. He is a 1966 graduate of Northwestern University with a B.S. in Communications. In addition to the WFDD Community Advisory Board, he serves on the boards of the Library of American Broadcasting, The Piedmont Wind Symphony, and The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County.